Drupella FM is a web-based file manager that has a drag & drop user interface powered by AJAX.
Having WYSIWYG support out of the box, it can replace many file manager modules available for Drupal 8.
See the live demo
- AJAX powered drag & drop user interface
- File operations: Upload, Delete, Move, Copy, Rename
- Folder operations: Create, Delete, Move, Copy, Rename
- Image operations: Resize, Crop
- Mouse indicators for move-copy permissions during drag & drop.
- Multiple file upload
- Upload progress
- Drag drop files from your local computer
- File sorting by name, size, date, type
- Keyboard shortcuts for file operations similar to common file explorers of Windows and Linux.
- Switching between icon view and list view
- Configuration profiles per user roles
- Configurable limits: upload file size, disk quota, file extensions, image dimensions
- Multiple personal or shared folders for users
- Token support in folder names
- File permissions per folder
- Support for inline image & file link insertion into textareas
- Display thumbnails as image icons using image styles
- Integration with core CKEditor module and BUEditor
- Custom wysiwyg plugins for inserting multiple images or files into editor content
- Support for private file system
- Select FTP files or Drupal files for file/image fields
- Support for custom stream wrappers like Amazon S3
- Ability to download files and folders in a zip archive
- Mobile friendly responsive layout. Fully functional in mobile browsers supporting touch events.
- Search files under any directory
Compatible with Drupal 8
See Drupella File Manager 7 for Drupal 7
See Drupella File Manager 6 for Drupal 6
See Drupella File Manager PHP for PHP Standalone Version
- Copy the dfm module directory to sites/all/modules
- Enable the module in Drupal admin interface
- Create configuration profiles and assign them to user roles at /admin/config/media/dfm
- Users can access the file manager at /dfm. Non-default file systems can be accessed at dfm/SCHEME
- Go to /admin/config/content/formats to edit a text format that uses CKEditor.
- Enable the image & link buttons provided by Dfm under Toolbar Configuration.
- Edit your editor at /admin/config/content/bueditor.
- For image/link dialog integration: Select Drupella File Manager as the File browser under Settings.
- You can also enable standalone image & link buttons to insert multiple images/links at once.
File/Image Field Integration
- Go to form settings of your content type. Ex: /admin/structure/types/manage/article/form-display
- Edit widget settings of a file/image field.
- Check the box saying "Allow users to select files from Drupella File Manager for this field." and save.
- You should now see the "Select file" link above the upload widget in the content form.
- Enter your textarea ids into > at /admin/config/media/dfm.
- Now you should see and links under your textareas.
- Go to example.com/dfm to manage files in your default file system.
- For non default file systems go to example.com/dfm/SCHEME where SCHEME is the identifier of the file file system. Ex: example.com/dfm/private.